HEMATOLOGY / ONCOLOGY
Torre Medica Hospital Auxilio Mutuo
Ste. 401, Ponce de Leon Ave. #735
Hato Rey, P.R. 00917
- High School
Commonwealth High School, Hato Rey, PR 1987
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA – BS in Chemistry, 1991
- Medical School
University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR – MD, 1995
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX – Internal Medicine 1995-1996
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX – Internal Medicine 1996-1998
University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center/Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX – Hematology and Medical Oncology, 1998-2001
- Private practice since July 2001.
- Current Office (sole proprietor):
- Doral Bank Center Suite 503, 576 Cesar Gonzalez, San Juan, PR 00917
- Hospital Affiliation: Auxilio Mutuo Hospital, San Juan, PR
- Member of the Medical Faculty 2001-present
- Chief, Hematology-Oncology Section 2014 – present
- President, Cancer Committee 2014 to present
Texas, 1997 (#K2356)
Puerto Rico, 2001 (#13,841)
- United States Medical Licensure Examinations: Completed 12/1995
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Internal Medicine 9/1998, recertified 4/2010
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Hematology 11/2001, recertified 11/2010
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Medical Oncology 11/2001, recertified 11/2010
- Clinical Instructor in Internal Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Medicine – ad honorem, University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine
- American College of Physicians – Fellow since 2011
- Governor, Puerto Rico Chapter 2014-2018
- American Society of Hematology – Member
- American Society of Clinical Oncology – Member
- Puerto Rico Association of Hematology and Medical Oncology — Member
- President Oct 2009 – Oct 2011
- National Merit Scholarship – MIT, 1987-88
- Phi Lambda Upsilon Honorary Chemical Society – MIT, 1990
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society – UPR, 1995
- Excellent Academic Achievement Award – UPR Medical Sciences Campus, 1995
- Honor Student in Medicine – UPR School of Medicine, 1995
- Certificate of Merit for Leadership – UPR Medical Sciences Campus, 1995
- Recognition for Leadership – UPR School of Medicine, 1995
- Henry D. McIntosh Award for Outstanding Resident in Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, 1998
- Chief Medical Oncology Fellow – University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center/Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital, 2000-2001
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit Award – 2001
- Doctor’s Choice Award: 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Treatment of Adult Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia with Hyper-CVAD – Experience in a County Teaching Hospital. (Abstract) Blood Vol. 96, no. 11, Nov 16 2000.
- Effects of Pregnancy following Treatment for Breast Cancer on Survival and Risk of Recurrence (Abstract with poster presentation). Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting – May 2001.
- A Phase II Study of Vinorelbine and Docetaxel in the Treatment of Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer as Front-Line and Second-Line Therapy. (Abstract). Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting – May 2001.
- Effects of pregnancy after treatment for breast carcinoma on survival and risk of recurrence. Cancer, United States; Vol 100, No. 3 (Feb 1, 2004): pp.465-9.
- PMA112509: “Dose-Ranging Phase I/II Study of Eltrombopag in Patients with Advanced Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) or secondary Acute Myeloid Leukemia after MDS (sAML/MDS)”. GlaxoSmithKline. ( Sub-Principal Investigator) 2011.
- Protocol CA225-346: Cisplatin and Vinorelbine in Combination with Cetuximab as First Line Treatment for Patients with Advanced/Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): A Single Arm Multicenter Safety Phase 2. (Sub-Principal Investigator) 2011.